5 Gratitude Practices to Keep You Sane and Healthy
Simple Ways to Relieve Stress
We are almost at the finish line.
Or so it seems as we near the end of 2020, one of the most challenging years in all of our history.
There are many of you who have spoken to me of feeling “fuzzy”, or demotivated and uninspired. Some of you mentioned “just going through the motions.” And others have told me how they speed from one thing to another until they’re exhausted but still feeling like they’ve been busy without producing anything meaningful.
I want to take a moment and share these 5 practices that I do and I recommend to my clients that will help alleviate the undercurrent of stress you may be feeling. They will help you get back in touch with optimism as a new year approaches. They’re simple but they work.
5 PRACTICES TO HELP YOU COPE
1. Quiet time. Unless you have stillness in your life you will not be able to hear the wisdom you already hold in your heart. You know exactly what you need to do, you only have to listen and act on your own wise counsel.
2. Nature. There is no better antidote for sadness or better way to connect to yourself than a walk in Nature. She shows you the truth of things. The natural cycle provides lessons on impermanence and rebirth which apply to your own life
3. Self-Love. Self-love leads to self-care, self-esteem and self-confidence. It is the basis of your primary relationship with self so you can then be present to love in others. Every morning breathe in goodness and appreciation for your life.
4. Gratitude. Even in the darkest days you can find something to be grateful for. Keep a gratitude jar in your kitchen, writing small notes every day to yourself so when things are difficult you can pull a note and remember the blessings life bestows on you.
5. Meditation. Daily meditation or prayer keeps you connected to a greater wisdom and purpose so that the challenges of daily living remain in perspective. Starting your day with meditation, no matter how little time it takes, provides clarity and presence for the day.
Incorporate these simple five practices in your life and you’ll notice more energy, joy and focus for those things that truly matter to you.
If you’d like some daily support sign up to receive my inspirational #SIMPLEWISDOM quotes. I’ve been told by many that they help focus their day and connect to what truly matters.
Hang in there. And if you need to talk to someone, email me and I’ll respond.
Originally published at https://www.aliciamrodriguez.com on November 13, 2020.